The new entrecard guidelines will surely affect a lot of entrecard users who sells entrecard credits. Well, the right to sell is restricted only to entrecard. Maybe a lot of competition has also stretched them to lower the amount for credit sales. Well, they already killed the competition by not allowing others to sell their credits. Another resctriction was imposed when an additional tax is given to those who transfer credits, they call it transfer tax. This card is like a bank that charge you of moving your own money to another account. Is this greed? Here is the email I received from them. I believe all entrecard users received such email.
In order to continue operating in the long-term, Entrecard needs make some significant changes. These are summarized below:
- Buy credits for less: Entrecard is now selling 1,000 credits for $6.00. You can buy them here: http://entrecard.com/r/buy_credits
- More pricing increments: Instead of prices doubling every time, there are now a few more steps. The new price points can be found on the Advertising page in the wiki, here: http://entrecard.com/docs/doku.php?id=advertising
- Members are not allowed to sell credits: This goes for ebay sales, posts in the Marketing forum, and posts on other forums. If you have references on your site to the sale of credits, please remove them immediately, as it is now against our terms.
- Credit transfer limits: Members are allowed to make a maximum of 14 a week, up to a maximum of 1,000 credits, whichever comes first. This means you can still run contests where you give credits away for free, and under 1k per week. Note: This does not affect linked blogs, you can transfer unlimited credits between linked blogs.
- : From now on, all transfers, including transfers made with our new payments API, will be taxed at a rate of 12.5%. The taxed credits will be sold to members (see #1).
- Blogs cannot be unlinked: Once you link a blog, it's there for good unless you ask us to delete the blog from your account. This prevents linking/unlinking to get around the credit transfer limits, and it also stops you losing access to a blog if you unlink it in error, which happens a lot.
- No more coupons: You are no longer allowed to send coupons.
- Shop closed: Except for Entrecard upgrades (Featured Status, Fast Pass) the Entrecard Shop is now offline until further notice. Please do not request a seller token until the shop returns. When it comes back, it will be bigger and better. We'll communicate more details nearer the time.We really do believe that an economy with plenty of 3rd parties involved is a stronger economy overall, unfortunately just right now we're unable to support that given the need to keep everything running. We hope that, by taking the steps we have, we will be able to reach a good balance between maximizing the overall benefits for our users and getting the revenue we need to pay the bills and expand the service. Hopefully, in the future, we'll be in a stronger position with a more diverse income and we'll be able to reintroduce independent credit sales and unfettered credit transfers among members.
We appreciate all the feedback we've had over the past few days on this topic, please let us know what you think by leaving a comment on our blog post here: http://entrecard.com/blog/?p=555Thanks for standing by us while we make these important changes, and know that these changes will allow us to continue to make available to you the great Entrecard service that brings you more traffic, comments, and subscribers and better rankings.
Blogs commenting Fr. Jessie's post