Below is the concept of the program for the Cancer group of the Parish of Saint Martin de Porres, discussed and prepared by the group. This is a propose group that will try to cater to the cancer patients within the parish. The endeavor started to progress because it is also a part of the apostolate to the sick as the patron saint St. Martin de Porres have tried to address. Well, there is no cancer patients then during his time. However, this is a group that almost of the sectors of the present society have tried to address. Yesterday, I saw a tarpaulin of one Baranggay calling for a breast cancer individuals for a seminar. I forgot the date, So, i ask the help of Sis. Luz Abuzo who acts as the president of the cancer group of the parish to investigate and if I am not mistaken that the seminar was held today to attend it hoping to see how to conduct such seminar and to observe intelligently.
One of the program we encountered are the statistics or rather to look for the patients themselves within the parish. So, we devised a tool such a survey form that we can really see how many are the cancer patients here. Beforehand, we ask the Department of Health and the Local Government Units for the said data but they could not provide us of any names. i am posting here to share and if you could find some things or issues missing, please do not hesitate to comment.
ST. MARTIN DE PORRES PARISH
CANCER SUPPORT PROGRAM
CONCEPT OF THE PROGRAM
FOCUS ON HUMANITY OF CANCER STRICKEN PARISHIONER AS A:
- Physical/Physiological Being
- Emotional, Psychological, Social Being
- Spiritual Being
- Cultural Being
SUPPORT PROGRAM PROCESS:
- Consultative meeting/ presentation of the program and budget to appropriate authority/ officers ( Parish CSG, Village officers and Barangay Officials)
- Formulation of CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES
- Orientation-Training of data collectors in the conduct of the survey ( By the CSG Coordinator)
- Distribution of assigned areas (By the CSG Coordinator and Brgy. Administrator)
- Coordinative conduct of survey to identify cancer stricken parishioners/barangay residents (By CSG Members, Village Officers, Parish Coordinators, Brgy. Sec./Brgy. Administrator and Western Health Leaders)
- Coordinative collection/ retrieval of filled up survey forms
(By the Parish Coordinators, Village Officers (Area Director/PRO) Western Health Leaders.
- Collation of data, analysis and identification of health problem and health care needs (By the CSG Coordinator and the Brgy. Nursing Consultant)
- Data presentation
- Coordinative ACTION PLAN formulation ( By the Parish CSG Coordinator, Brgy Nursing Consultant with the respondents of the survey and village officers)
- Plan Program Presentation
- Coordinative implementation of Health- Wellness Program and Activities
- Monitoring and Outcome Evaluation of the program
MECHANICS IN THE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM:
- Budget appropriation/ distribution for the materials to be used in the conduct of the survey and manpower operation expenses.
- Information dissemination of the survey to be conducted and its purpose emphasizing the confidentiality of information.
- Time-bounded conduct of the survey and retrieval of data- filled survey forms
- Clustering of data (by the CSG) according to personal and health profile as indicated in the survey form.
- Data presentation and Action Plan Formulation for A Calendar of Health- Wellness Programs and Activities Appropriate to Identified Health Care Needs/ Problems.
- Coordinative Resource Identification/Solicitations for the expenses to be incurred in the Implementation of the Programs and Activities
- Coordinative Implementation of Programs and Activities
- Monitoring of on- going programs and activities
- Outcome Evaluation reporting and presentation
TITLE: PROFILE OF ST. MARTIN DE PORRES PARISHIONERS
PURPOSE OF THE SURVEY:
To identify profile of cancer stricken parishioners and support services needed, keeping confidentiality of information.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SURVEY: At the end of data gathering:
- List down the personal profile of the respondents of the survey conducted.
- Cluster the type and stage of cancer afflicting the respondents.
- Enumerate the lifestyle, dietary habits, values and beliefs, as contributory factors to the development of the disease process.
- Identify perception in life, family, career, relationship and its impact on present illness.
- Describe the degree, scale/type of pain and coping strategy as they go through with the disease process.
- Name sources being used by the respondents in addressing solutions to the problem.
- Show a statistical data on the personal and health profile of the respondents.
- Present priority baseline data gathered for action plan formulation.
- Coordinate programs and activities for implementation.
SAMPLE SURVEY QUESTIONNAIRE
- PERSONAL PROFILE:
Name: ________________________ Age: _____ Gender: _____ Religion: ________
Contact no. ______________________________
Occupation/ Financial Resource: __________________________________________
(NOTE: Please check appropriate box as indicated)
Civil Status: Single ( ) Married ( ) Widow ( ) Widower ( ) Separated ( )
Civil Rite Obtained: Court ( ) Church ( ) Live- in ( )
No. of Children: _________ None ( )
Status of children: Married ( ) Working ( ) Dependent ( )
- HEALTH PROFILE:
Name & Type of present illness: _____________________ Stage; 1 ( ) 2 ( ) 3( ) 4 ( )
Duration of Illness: years ( ) month ( ) Treatment Mgnt: _____________________________
& Sources: _________________________________
Other health problem aside from the present illness, Perception, Values/ Belief & Coping
Strategy: (NOTE: -Put a check and specify the name of the disease if known & Treatment/
Management of the problem being done)
- Nerve Problem ( ) ____________________
- Mental Problem ( ) ____________________
- Hypertension ( ) ____________________
- Diabetes ( ) ____________________
- Bone problem ( ) ____________________
- Heart problem ( ) ____________________
- Eye problem ( ) ____________________
- Hearing problem ( ) ____________________
- Gastro intestinal ( ) ____________________
- Urogenital problem( ) ____________________
Family Health History: Name the disease: ___________________Father/ mother: _______
FLOW CHART OF COORDINATIVE ACTIVITY IN THE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM
Barangay Head------------ PARISH PRIEST ------------------ Village President
Brgy. Nursing Consultant ---Cancer Support Coordinator ------- PRO & Secretary
& Health Service Head
Western Health Leaders------- CSG Members & ----------------- Area Director/ Leader Parish Area Coordinators
RESPONDENTS OF THE SURVEY
FAMILY & THE COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE