Brownouts/Blackouts

Brownouts

Brownouts is a common phenomena in this part of the country. During my first months here, it has greatly affected me, because I was not used to it. This is Philippines, we are encountering occasional brownouts, but, here it is a pain in the butt. From time to time, the power is randomly cut off. Some residents suspected that this is the way power company works here to generate more income. I will not state what electric company is serving us. I do not want to go to court for litigation. Now, I realized that there is nothing I can do about it. Patience is the only thing that comes to my mind.

The parish have an “antique” power generator, but it is under repair. It usually bog down. I would like to buy a new one but the parish have no money to purchase one.

Lord, Give me the serenity to accept things I cannot change.

Comments