Baptism

The Church leadership of Brgy. Bitin, Bay, Laguna, requested me to celebrate the sacrament of baptism in their barrio. However, they have to be catechized that baptism in barrangay is only permitted during the celebration of their Fiesta. Their fiesta was move from February 14 to January 17 because it is the feast day of St. Anthony Abad. It was been declared by the former parish priest but has not been effective in persuazing the faithful. The picture speak for itself. So, I told them that I am new in this parish, I will permit them that their children be baptized on that date here in the Parish Church. The Church teaches that the child be baptized as soon as possible, this is the day that these people think that they are avaiulable and prepare, it might not sound on strong foundation of the Christian faith, however, for me it is an occasion of which they could fulfilll the teaching of the Church.

Comments