On Construction

On Construction
After the morning Mass, I spoke to one regular donor concerning the undergoing construction of the multi-purpose hall. I explained to her that I want to finish it before my term lapse. The bishop has announced that on January 2007 there will be a general reshuffle. However, I do not want to haste the process without proper consultations. The second floor of the said building is not yet finished. I acknowledge her generosity in trying to finish the building which according to his welder will only require P250,000.00 for steel trusses . However, the architect whom the parish commissioned believes otherwise. According to the architect, it will require at around P 740,000.00 for the steel trusses with corrugated roof and P820,000.00 for the cement slab. The parish has P150,000.00 only on its hand. I am requiring her to submit the plan for the P250,000.00 which she believes is enough. She felt that I am not listening to her even though she could cash out another P100,000.00. I told her that, I am not turning down your offer but I do not want that this construction will push through without proper consultation from the experts. I might finish this project according to your terms but we have to see that safety of the people of God. This is a public building. If ever I could not finish this during my term, I believe, the next parish priest will continue it. So what’s the hurry?

Comments