On Construction

On Construction
After the morning Mass, I spoke to one regular donor concerning the undergoing construction of the multi-purpose hall. I explained to her that I want to finish it before my term lapse. The bishop has announced that on January 2007 there will be a general reshuffle. However, I do not want to haste the process without proper consultations. The second floor of the said building is not yet finished. I acknowledge her generosity in trying to finish the building which according to his welder will only require P250,000.00 for steel trusses . However, the architect whom the parish commissioned believes otherwise. According to the architect, it will require at around P 740,000.00 for the steel trusses with corrugated roof and P820,000.00 for the cement slab. The parish has P150,000.00 only on its hand. I am requiring her to submit the plan for the P250,000.00 which she believes is enough. She felt that I am not listening to her even though she could cash out another P100,000.00. I told her that, I am not turning down your offer but I do not want that this construction will push through without proper consultation from the experts. I might finish this project according to your terms but we have to see that safety of the people of God. This is a public building. If ever I could not finish this during my term, I believe, the next parish priest will continue it. So what’s the hurry?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entrecard Droppers

Direktoryo ng Diyosesis ng San Pablo, Philippines 2021

Holy Study (Banal na Pagaaral)