7 last Words

There are a lot of inquiry on the 7 Last Words of Jesus Christ before he died on the cross. So, I decided to post it here for reference. This is the traditional numbering, sometimes, number 4 and 5 are interchange. It does not really matter. But, this is the traditional 7 last words.
1.
"Father, forgive them, they know not what they do." Lk. 23: 34 Pater, dimitte illis, quia nesciunt, quid faciunt.

2. "This day thou shalt be with me in Paradise." Hodie mecum eris in Paradiso. Lk. 23: 43

The Pieta, Jesus Christ, The Catholic Church3. "Woman, behold thy son." Mulier, ecce filius tuus. Jn. 19: 26-7

4. "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Deus meus, Deus meus, utquid dereliquisti me? Mk. 15: 34 (Mt. 27: 46)

5. "I thirst." Sitio. Jn. 19: 28.

6. "It is finished." Consummatum est. Jn 19: 30

7. "Into thine hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit." In manus tuas, Domine, commendo spiritum meum. Lk. 23:46

Comments