Some have asked me if it is possible to hold a Eucharistic Celebration with the success of election result in the favor of a party. Presumable the one who asked the question belongs to the contender candidate. I replied, yes, of course because anybody could ask God to be the winner of the election. I aslo told the inquirer that the other party could also offer the celebration of the Eucharist. And since it is this party that asked for prayers, I will attend to their need. However it is to God who will grant the said petition.
Going back to the celebration of the Mass. During the homily I told the faithful that in the Gospel Jesus was followed by the people and would like him to be their King. They want our Lord Jesus Christ to be their king because he made the loaves and fish multiplied. Jesus multiplied them because he is filled with pity to those who followed him for several days. Likewise, the leaders of the people should be sensitive to the needs of the people. The Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines have given the 10 commandments of right voting and the Archdiocese of Manila have published in the Circular letter the 6 (Six) Criteria for a choosing a good leader.
* A person who loves and fears God
* One who is guided by a well-formed conscience, always sensitive to the choice of what is good
* One who lives and serves consistently with moral principles
* One who is honest, non-violent and compassionate
* A person who respects and protects the limited sources in nature and requires others to do the same
* One who is ready to sacrifice personal, party or group interest for the sake of unity, peace and the integral development of the country and the people.