Barrio Mass in Honor of the Miraculous Medal

It was a couple of days have passed when the coordinator of Brgy. Maitim approach me to inform me that they would like to celebrate Mass in Honor of their Patron, Mary, the Miraculous Medal. It was not include to my list of barrio fiesta because Maitim is considered part of Poblacion, there Fiesta is the Fiesta of the town. But, since their chapel was dedicated to the miraculous medal, they would like have a simple celebration by having a Mass and a procession. It was raining then but they still continue honoring Her as part of their devotion to the Blessed Lady.

Iusually have some medal of the miraculous medal with me because it is a simple token that I can easily bring and give as a gift especially for children and infants. I was not been able to go to Manila recently to buy additional medals. I have given to about not more than 20 children and infants. I want to give also for the teenagers and adult but I do not have the enough medals. Maybe, next year I could buy an armful numbers. sometimes catholic stores are running some supplies also of the said medal, what usually available is the lighter ones, locally made like our one centavo coin that can float in the water. I want the heavier one.

Blogs commenting Fr. Jessie's post


Technorati icon

Comments