After waiting for some answers to the problem of Smartbro connection I have posted earlier, Paetechie Technology News and Reviews offers a reliable solution than the call centers agents of the said internet company. The solution put a proxy rather than the automatic proxy, click here for more detailed instruction from Open Dns.
1. Select Control Panel from the menu
2. Click Network Panel from the Control Panel Choices
3. Choose your connection from the Network Connections window.
In this screenshot, Local Area Connection is the only choice. If you have more than one, choose your default/current connection.
4. Click Properties button.
5. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties.
6. Click the radio button Use the following DNS server addresses and type in OpenDNS addresses in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server fields.
Please write down your current DNS settings before switching to OpenDNS, in case you want to return to your old settings for any reason.
Preferred DNS server address for Open DNS is:
Alternate DNS server address for Open DNS is:
I am reposting this instruction here for a better media mileage concerning the solution for this problem because I know there are more who are really affected by this problem nationwide as stated in the forum I belong. Thanks for those who have the technical knowhow who shared this.
Blogs commenting Fr. Jessie's post