Feast of St. Therese of the Child Jesus

At five this afternoon, I concelebrate with the bishops and the priests of the diocese in the parish of St. Therese of the Child Jesus in University of the Philippines in Los banos, Laguna, Philippines. Sorry, I forgot to bring my camera. It was too late when I remember it because of time element.The Parish celebrates the said feast day during the last sunday of the month of September, that was last sunday for this year. But, today, the parish priest decided to hold additional celebration coincides with the 50th year anniversary of the said parish.

Since, new altar was constructed along with the altar table, Rev. Fr. Thor Villacarlos deemed it necessary to consecrate the Church on the said date.There are at least 20 priest who concelebrated with the bishop. A simple dinner followed afterwards. There is also a schedule basketball event to be participated with the Knights of Columbus and the clergy of the diocese after supper in umali subdivision.  

I left after supper, I have to pick up the tarpaulin I have ordered in one of the printing establishment also along the university perimeter. The co-owner of the establishment, knowing that I am one of the regular custumers offered me to sell some of the machines for t-shirt printing and mug accesories printing machine. I told him that I will think it over because of the budget. Printing seems one of my hobbies. I am not that creative, I am just one of the trying hard copycat graphic designer. But the idea of the machine stick to my mind because I believe that it is also one way of communicating the Gospel of our Lord Jesus 


Saint Theresa's Prayer 

May today there be peace within. 
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. 
May you not forget the infinite possibilitie s that are born of faith. 
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. 
May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. 
It is there for each and every one of us. 


Blogs commenting Fr. Jessie's post


Technorati icon

Comments