Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus (St. Alphonsus)

Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
(St. Alphonsus)

ADORABLE Heart of my Jesus, Heart created expressly for the love of men! Until now I have shown toward you only ingratitude. Pardon me, O my Jesus! Heart of my Jesus, abyss of love and of mercy, how is it possible that I do not die of sorrow when I reflect on your goodness to me and my ingratitude to you? You, my Creator, after having created me, hast given your blood and your life for me; and, not content with this, You have invented a means of offering yourself up every day for me in the Holy Eucharist, exposing yourself to a thousand insults and outrages. O Jesus, do wound my heart with a great contrition for my sins, and a lively love for you. Through your tears and your blood give me the grace of perseverance in your fervent love until I breathe my last sigh. Amen.

Share

Comments