"Lord I have tasted how cruel parish life is. I am not used to it. Help me to be patient. I can't really understand why there are some people who are born just to say something bad about priests. Tame their mouths Lord lest I give up."
This is one of the post/prayer of my brother priest, Fr. Jerry Oblepias, asking God for strength. Handling parish life and work is not an easy task. We cannot please everybody. We cannot do everything. We are not superman. We can not do anything without Christ. We need to pray fervently, perseveringly and frequently.Originally, I made a blog especially for prayers,http://frjess.blogspot.com/. However, I find some difficulty on maintaining all of these. I will just put it here and maybe create a link later on for the said site, prayers.
This part of the blog will give you links on different prayer for priests:
- A Prayer For Our Priests (Southwark Laity Commission, 1993)
- A Prayer for Priests by John Joseph Cardinal Carberry, Former Archbishop of St. Louis, USA
- A Prayer for Priests by John Cardinal O'Connor, March 1995.
- A Prayer For Priests, Imprimatur - Bishop John F. Null
- A Parish Priest's Prayer to Mary Most Holy
- Mother Teresa’s Prayer for Priests
- Prayer or Our Priests
- Prayer for Priests
- Prayer for Priests 2
- Prayer for Priests in Times of Uncertainty
- Prayer for Priests to St. Jean Vianney
- Prayer For The Sanctification of Priests
- Prayer for the Spiritual Protection and Perseverance of Priests
- Prayer to Be a Worthy Priest
- Prayer to Jesus the High Priest and Mary, Mother of Priests
- St. Catherine’s Prayer for Priests
- St. Charles Borromeo’s Prayer for Priests
- St. Therese’s Prayer for All Priests
- St. Thérèse’s Prayer for Priests